The city landscape has its own rules and its own demands. You know how best to navigate them. And now there’s a new city-sized SUV that serves as the perfect partner for your city adventures: the all-new 2013 Chevrolet Trax. Its bold design stands out in a crowd. Its wide stance and enhanced traction technologies give it the capability of handling the uncertainties of everyday city life. A standard turbocharged ECOTEC® 1.4L engine makes the streets come alive, yet also delivers excellent fuel efficiency. As for information, communication and entertainment technology, there’s standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and the available Chevrolet MyLinkTM1 interactive sound system. And it’s easy to keep your stuff close at hand, thanks to a series of handy storage compartments. And with 10 standard airbags2, your city explorations also include peace of mind. Take on the city on your own terms with the all-new 2013 Trax.
Right Size. Right Look. Right Feel.
Trax is the smart SUV that’s small and nimble enough to navigate the city landscape, yet large enough to seat up to five in comfort – with their stuff. The confident handling is the product of a wide stance and a series of driver control technologies that include standard StabiliTrak®, four-wheel ABS with Panic Brake Assist and Hill Hold Assist. You can handle it all – in the all-new Trax.
You’ve got stuff. It’s got space.
Your stuff comes in all shapes and sizes, from wallets to bikes. Trax is designed with this fact in mind. Also, you can keep the essentials close at hand in the conveniently located storage areas within easy reach of the driver, including a storage box located in the middle of the instrument panel. When it comes time to move serious cargo, you’ll find it easy to reconfigure the interior, thanks to the 60/40 flip-and-fold rear seat and fold-flat front passenger seat. With the rear seat folded down, Trax opens up a generous 1,371 L (48.4 cu. ft.) of maximum cargo space. You make plans – Trax makes the space.
Be your own DJ
If you think of music as an essential part of driving, you’ll find Trax has all your favourite tracks. All LT and LTZ models feature a standard CD player, MP3 playback and Bluetooth® audio streaming. Choose the available Chevrolet MyLinkTM1 interactive sound system and you can access your music and apps – such as Stitcher SmartRadioTM – directly from your smartphone. A 178 mm (7-in.) Colour Touch Radio screen acts as the hub, although you can also use steering-wheel-mounted controls to make selections. For the ultimate Trax listening experience, choose the available Premium Bose® six-speaker sound system that includes an amplifier. City driving amplified – with Trax.
Make that a Turbocharged Adventure
Your city awaits. With a standard 1.4L turbocharged ECOTEC® engine, Trax gets you around and about the streets with full authority. Its output is a spirited 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. So what’s the advantage of turbocharging? It directs substantially more air into each cylinder, enabling it to optimize each combustion cycle, while an intercooler cools the charged air entering the engine, allowing for more complete combustion and greater power output. Yet unlike many other turbocharged engines, the ECOTEC® runs on regular fuel. Turbocharging not only increases output, it also makes Trax remarkably fuel efficient, with 7.8 L/100 km city and 5.7 L/100 km highway ratings.
10 – It’s more than a number
The city landscape has its own share of hazards. So you should take comfort in the knowledge that Trax includes 10 standard airbags – the most in it’s class4. Count ‘em: dual stage front airbags, knee airbags, and side-impact seat-mounted airbags for the driver and front passenger, plus side-impact seat-mounted outboard rear seat airbags and head curtain side airbags for outboard seating positions. Add the peace of mind that accompanies the standard OnStar®5 system that includes six months of the Directions & Connections Plan with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and RemoteLinkTM. Also included is Automatic Crash Response that can automatically contact an OnStar® Advisor when a collision occurs to help direct emergency service providers to your exact location. That’s just one more way that Trax has your back.
Think of it as all-street drive
Maximizing grip can be just as important in city driving as it is off-road. Trax is engineered with that reality in mind with standard traction control and an available on-demand All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system that automatically adapts to changing road conditions, improving traction by sending power to the wheels with the most grip. The system reverts to front-wheel drive mode, improving fuel efficiency when the added traction isn’t required. That helps Trax earn its place as one of the most fuel efficient AWD vehicles on the road.
Gallery, Video and Quote Request
Chevrolet Trax Models
Trax LS FWD
- 138 hp 1.4L ECOTEC® turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- GM Oil Life Monitoring System
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 4-wheel Anti-Lock Braking system (ABS)
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
- Traction control
- MacPherson strut independent front suspension and compound crank rear suspension
- 16-in. steel wheels
- Power exterior mirrors
- Remote keyless entry system
- 10 airbags
- Driver Information Centre
- Air filtration system
- Power windows and door locks
- Tilt and telescopic steering column
- Steering wheel-mounted Bluetooth® and audio system controls
- Front bucket seats with power lumbar adjuster
- Manual 4-way driver’s seat adjuster
- Fold flat front passenger seat
- 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks
- 4-speaker audio system with AM/FM stereo, auxiliary audio input jack and USB port1
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity
- OnStar® with 6 months of the Directions & Connections Plan featuring Turn-By-Turn Navigation2 andOnStar RemoteLinkTM3
Trax 1LT FWD
- 6-speed automatic with Driver Shift Control
- 16-in. aluminum wheels
- Heated, power exterior mirrors
- Deep-tinted glass behind front doors
- Roof rack side rails with chrome inserts
- Content theft alarm
- Air conditioning with air filtration system
- Cruise control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Deluxe cloth seating surfaces
- Front-passenger seat under storage tray
- 110 volt AC 3-prong household power outlet in rear of front-row centre console
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming
- Enhanced 6-speaker audio system with CD player and MP3 playback
Trax 2LT FWD
- Rear vision camera
- Ultrasonic rear parking assist
- Cloth/leatherette seating surfaces
- Power 6-way driver seat adjuster
- Chevrolet MyLink TM5 with 178 mm (7 in.) color touchscreen display
- 7-speaker Bose® premium audio system
- SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM4
Trax LTZ FWD
- 18″ silver-painted aluminum wheels
- Fog lights
- Chrome liftgate handle accent
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Leatherette seating surfaces
- Heated driver and front-passenger seats